ah for God sake there is nothing like for example {{JQL.size}}????

Rafael Ibanhez March 29, 2023

All I want is the number of issues found on a JQL when using automation for jira. something like we can get when using lookupIssues for example {{lookupIssues.size}}.

I don't want use lookupIssues because it only works for 100 issues. 

1 answer

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Rafael Ibanhez

If you want to know the number of issues in a JQL using automation, you can use the validate link and it will tell you the number of issues found using the JQL.

image.pngimage.png

Hopefully this way you can check the amount of issues as you expected.

Regards,
David

Rafael Ibanhez March 29, 2023

Hi David. I want to use this number somewhere else on the automation. 

Thank you

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Rafael Ibanhez

Oh, I see,  I checked Automation docs and coudln't find an equivalent to {{issues.size}}  in Jira Server/Data center (https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/jira-smart-values-issues-993924860.html).

I even tried it on Jira cloud but it always returns 1, even if the JQL has more issues as result.

As it is not in the documentation, I don't think is possible to get the total issues from a JQL in scheduled job trigger.

Regards,
David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events