advance search -fuzzy search falied

lucia November 16, 2020

I create two custom fields(multiline text) ,one is remarks ,the other is contractNo,but the contractNo cannot  fuzzy query by "~".

When i  do advanced search "project = DZRJKF AND contractNo ~ F000Z200109M03",i cannot search out  the  issues  which contractNo  is "F000Z200109M03/F9993200424H03".

But  i do advance search "project = DZRJKF AND remark ~ 批量",i can search out the issues which remark is "程序批&量/新\建 F 0Z181217M02".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @lucia  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, short text fields cannot use the ~ search function. But you would copy the contract number into the Remarks or Description field using Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner or another add-on and do a search on that. 

lucia November 17, 2020

No,the contractNo is long text fields,which is multiline text.

The interested  thing is another same custom field - remarks  can support  the ~ search.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Some of the standard systems fields come built in to do that. That's why I think you need to copy the value of the contractNo field into the Remarks or Description field that supports the search. 

lucia November 18, 2020

I tried,but not work.

I copy the value of the contracNo into the Remarks or Description field field ,but issues are not searched out.For example i copy  the value "FE10Z200507M03" into the Description field , issues that the contractNo is FE10Z200507M03  are searched out ,while issues that the contractNo is FE10Z200507M03/F4405200602H06 are not searched out.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

Maybe put a space on each side of the / - FE10Z200507M03 / F4405200602H06/

lucia November 20, 2020

ok,I will try.

Another custom filed-remark supports fuzzy search.When i copy "批量“ into the field ,the issues that the value of the remarks  filed   is "程序批&量/新\建 F 0Z181217M02" will be searched out .

The filed type ot the  contractNo field an the remark field are same ,bothe are the Multiline text.

Why the remark  field supports fuzzy search ,but the other field-contractNo does  not supprot fuzzy search ?  why will that happens?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Maybe it will work if you have a space on each side of the value. 

lucia December 9, 2020

Yes,it works.Thanks a lot.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2020

Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

lucia December 10, 2020

Ok.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events