Zendesk integration add-on - ability to manage watchers on a JIRA issue

Systems Operations July 20, 2021

Hi Everyone,

We currently have an issue where JIRA issue created using this add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211941/zendesk-support-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=server) automatically adds the issue creator as the watcher.

Is there any hack on the JIRA side (e.g. a flag in the database) which can be done to override this?

Many thanks,

Joey

3 answers

0 votes
Systems Operations July 23, 2021
0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Systems Operations

the exact "path" to click through, like Ravi suggested, should be:
Administration > User Management > User Preferences > Edit default values > Default Autowatch

Could you please confirm this works for you?

Yes, the App you referred to is one that needs to be installed - you can find it in Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/)

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Hi @Systems Operations 

This happens when an issue is created. If you have scriptrunner then you can create a listener to remove the watcher when issue is created or disable autowatch own issues feature by going to Jira Administrator | System | User Default Settings.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Systems Operations July 20, 2021

Hi Ravi,

I am running JIRA server 8.13.5 and I cannot find "User Default Settings" under JIRA Administration --> System

Is "ScriptRunner" an add-on which needs to be installed?

Thanks,

Joey

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events