You don't have permission to transition this issue

Joe Koenig November 25, 2020

We've got a project that we've been using for months now - plenty of issues have gone through it, nothing has changed in weeks, but all of the sudden, one new issue is showing 'You don't have permission to transition this issue'. I don't see anything different about this issue, looking into the project permissions, I don't see anything that would prevent this. Does anyone have any ideas of something to check?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Koenig November 25, 2020

Jack - Thanks for the response. I found the issue - I had an 'orphaned' status in the workflow. Apparently, no one had entered any tickets with that particular status (To Do), which is why we hadn't run across it. I modified the workflow to get rid of that status and all is well. Thanks again!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

can you go to project settings > workflows and edit the workflow associated w/ your issuetype. click on the transition that you are attempting to do and check for any Conditions that restricts the transition.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events