You don't have permission to change site name. For further support, contact us

Rahil Lakhani February 11, 2021

I am getting this error while updating the site name.

"You don't have permission to change site name. For further support, contact us"

3 answers

0 votes
Christopher Venghaus February 16, 2021

I'm seeing this error when I attempt to set my site name for the first time after creating a new account. I'm given a green check mark that indicates the names are available, but when I click "Continue," I get the above error message.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hello @Christopher Venghaus,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I can see that your email is linked with a Free cloud site, that’s why it’s not possible to change the site name.

Please, follow the steps from my previous answer in order to create a new site with the desired name.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Christopher Venghaus February 17, 2021

I suppose the real issue, then, is that your system is directing me to do something I don't have permission to do directly after confirming my email address. Can this be submitted as a bug report?

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hello @Rahil Lakhani,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Changing the site name is currently not supported for Trial and Free plans, only for paid plans.

If you are not using this site for production and don't have any important data, you can create a brand new site on www.atlassian.com/try with the desired name. 

If you already have important data, you can create a new site also and then migrate to the new one. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@Rahil LakhaniAs a user or admin, you just can't change the site name.  As said, you need to contact support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events