Xray "Error creating issues in Jira!"

Joel Faresjö Melander February 8, 2023

Hi!

We are using Xray in our Jira Cloud project. Through the Xray REST API we imort the test results after a successful build of our Kotlin Spring Boot project in the format of junit xray extended xml.

Because I accidentally creating a large number of issues of type Test, I decided to do a bulk delete. After that I get an error ("Error creating issues in Jira!") whenever I try to import test reports with the extended xml format. Regular JUnit xml works fine for some reason? Any idea what could cause this?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

HI @Joel Faresjö Melander welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Does the account with the API token have the Create issues issue permission in the permission scheme associated with the project(s)?

Joel Faresjö Melander February 8, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs

Thank you for answering. There was nothing wrong with the permission as this was working fine before the bulk delete, and reports in regular JUnit xml format did not have the same prolem. However, the problem disappeared after about 20 hours. My guess is that Jira or Xray required some kind of reindexing of the issues in order to get in sync again.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

Great to hear it got resolved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events