Wrong key for users in add ons

Paul Cobley January 8, 2018

I have jira cloud with tempo timesheets and BigPicture add ons. Both are displaying the wrong key (username) for some users.

At best this is confusing but I also think it is causing the tools not to work properly. Tempo does not display any work logs for anyone but myself and BigPicture does not allow me to assign work to these erroneous users

I thought the add-ons were mapping users to archived accounts but I cannot find the bad usernames anywhere.

1 answer

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Are you the Tempo admin and/or do you have rights to view other users' worklogs in Tempo?  If not, you won't be able to see their worklogs regardless of how they're set up in the user directory.

if you don't have update rights in BigPicture then you won't be able to change the assignee on theIssue via the BigPicture gantt.

Have you tried changing the assignee directly in JIRA?  If that works, then it's just a problem with your security rights within BigPicture.

I hope this helps!

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

(the view worklogs right has to be added per Jira project)

Paul Cobley January 8, 2018

Thanks for the reply Ericka.

I am a full jira admin user. Is tempo admin a separate role somewhere? I cant find it.

I did not have a few tempo related permissions for the projects but I have added them now and I still cant see any work for my team.

I can see various approvals but there is no time against any of them. The only place I can see time against anyone (other than myself) is when viewing an approval log. This screen shows the progress e.g. 27/184 hours

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2018

you have to have the View All Worklogs permission on the Project

lots of details here:  https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/231294548-Granting-time-tracking-permissions

I created a Tempo Project Managers role that has the view all worklogs permission in it and then added the managers to that role

3. GRANT ‘VIEW ALL WORKLOGS’ PERMISSION TO USERS

The 'View All Worklogs' permission allows one user to see all worklogs in a project. You might want to grant this permission to managers or team leads who need to view all workloads for their team. You must grant this permission separately for each project.

1. Click the Gear Icon.
    2. Select Issues.
    3. Scroll down to Permission schemes.
    4. Click the Permissions link of the scheme that you want to edit.
    5. Under Time tracking permissions, scroll down to locate View All Worklogs, and click 'Edit'.
    6. Grant permissions by project role, application access, or group. If you click on ‘Show more’, you will see more options beyond the three default ones.

Suggest an answer