Wrong assignee is assigned by moving story

Debby Eekman June 8, 2022

When I move a story the is not mine it will e set me as a assignee after the move.

for example when I move a story from ' in progress'  to ' Done' the story ends up on my name instead of the name of the person that was working on the story.

When we have our daily, it will happens sometime that teh status of the story is not correct, so we move it to the correct status, but then the assignee is changed also.

This was not like that last week. What is changed? and can we avoid this?

1 answer

4 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Debby Eekman 

I would suggest by checking:

• If there is any rule within Jira Automation that's causing this change
  • If there is any other automation within the workflows that's causing this
  • There could be a possibility that a listener is causing this, but first I would exclude the first two bullets.

Regards,

Alex

Debby Eekman June 9, 2022

Thank you Alex, we will try this

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

ok! Do that and let us know what was the problem. If you want, you can also share screenshots to help you.

Like Debby Eekman likes this

I can not find anything that can cause this issue. No Authorization ore flow that I can find that can cause this.

also I did look at the roles but also there for me it was not working, but for a colleague it was working. So when he changes a story from To Do into In Progress it stay on the right assignee

So I changed my role also to the same he has ' Developer'  but still, with me the assignee changed to my name when i move the story of him from To Do into in Progress

But how can I see if a Listener is causing this?

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

Do you have any app like scriptrunner, or JMWE that support listeners? 

Can you share some screenshots of your Jira Automation as well as the post functions of your workflow, on that specific transition where the assignee changes ?

Like Debby Eekman likes this

I will ask the customer, because I am working on a Laptop from the customer and not aloud to add any program on it. But this are the Automations we use

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

@Debby Eekman did you also check the workflow transitions for any post functions? Especially check the transition from In Progress to Done (since this is the transition you mentioned).

P.S. Irrelevant, but I can't really understand the first rule: When an issues is transitioned to In Progress, then transition the issue to In Progress. (?)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events