Wrong JIRA build date?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2022

We're unable to confirm that Jira license

Jira Software support and updates for this instance ended on 15/Feb/22. Jira Software updates created after 15/Feb/22 are not valid for the current set of licenses.

When I try install JIRA Software Server 8.22, which has date 15/feb/22

WHAT? 15feb build for 15feb expiration updates it isnt after, itt is day by day. :(

2022-08-29 17.23.02 www.atlassian.com 682903d7b52a.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2022

Hi Viktar,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  However the official release notes for 8.22.0 Jira Core and 8.22.0 Jira Software both indicate that the release date was 16-Feb-2022.  It would appear that the release date posted to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/update is incorrect. 

I have created an internal issue to review this problem, as I found several release versions that appear to have a date that does not match the official release notes date.

However, I suspect that the official release notes is the correct date here.  In which case, it would explain the behavior you have seen.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Interesting one @Tony Montana cause we're really working with a single day here.

i'm assuming you no longer have access to support/maintenance but you might still be able to open a billing ticket to see if they assist you. (https://support.atlassian.com/contact)

I'll see if someone can take a look at this question tho as I do get the semantics of after a date and on the date.. tricky one :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

The last date on the licence is, if memory serves, counted to the middle of the day.  You'll need to go back to 8.22.0 for your licence to be valid.

Suggest an answer