Worklogs not being saved

Matthew FitzPatrick March 25, 2024

When adding a new worklog since March 22nd, The REST api comes back with a 201 response and the JSON returned seems to be correct, but nothing is displayed in worklogs or reports. This is affecting all of our users in the same way.

It's not clear of newly entered timelogs fails to save or fail to display. Is anyone else seeing this in their accounts?

2 answers

0 votes
jeffrey_lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

seeing this as well:

it always says "Worklogs are empty", regardless of what was entered with "+ Add Timelog"

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.41.59 AM.png

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Matthew FitzPatrick 

Welcome to our Community. May I have some backgrouds firstly?

• What's your scenario? It seems you're using REST API to add worklog for certarin reason;
  • What API are you using? Please provide the input parameters, the endpoints and some necessary screenshots. 201 code should be successfully added.

Thanks,

YY哥

Matthew FitzPatrick March 25, 2024

We are using the cloud hosted web interface as shown below. This web interface makes a REST api POST with a 201 response, but the logged time doesn't show anywhere in the UI for anyone even after refreshing.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 10.33.02 AM.png

POST: `https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/1234567/worklog?_r=1711387989159`

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

have you tried postman to do post arequest of this API call with the same request parameters and body? what's the reault then?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events