Worklogdate

Michael Bagisha Bumba April 6, 2021

I have a question, when using the JQL of WorkLogDate between 03/01/21 and 03/31/21 I wanted to know if the tasks that already had time allocated before those days is added to the time. Because I just did a search and I think it is also adding the time that was allocated before those dates, I do not know if it is because the task was not closed or why. If the tasks are not closed, even if I search for those dates, will the time registered before that date also add up to me?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Michael Bagisha Bumba,

JQL in general always returns issues. The search on WorkLogDate may in that sense be somewhat confusing, as it could make you (or many other people) think you will see worklogs being returned.

The search you mentioned:

WorkLogDate between 03/01/21 and 03/31/21

will return any Jira issues that have at least one worklog during March, regardless of them having worklogs before or after that same period.

And yes, the worklogs registered before on those issues are still there - the filter does only restrict the issues being retrieved, not the associated worklogs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events