Worklog filter: show only entries from today, not cumulative for entire issue

Matt Wilkie November 30, 2021

I'm using the jira query

worklogDate >= startOfDay() AND worklogAuthor = currentUser()

to show the items I've logged time with today. It almost works. The problem is that the result shows the summary of all work logged against the task, not just those from today. If I worked on something last week and then again this week the cumulative of all time entries are shown in the filter report.

How to show only the items that were logged today? (or any other time period)

2021-11-29 16_31_10-[All issues] Issue navigator - Jira.png

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Matt Wilkie 

To get the worklogs data between specific dates, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Links Hierarchy, Epic Hierarchy etc which the app provides.

Worklogs Report - Additional Search.png

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Matt Wilkie 

Time Spent is a field which will yield the total amount time spend on that specific issue. Your JQL is correct, but there isn't a field which you can add to your column to show you exactly what you want. If you use the REST api you will be able to get all the info you want, e.g.:

https://YOURSUBDOMAIN.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/YOUR_ISSUE_KEY

You can use other apps from the marketplace to get the job done, and there could be a couple of free as well.

Matt Wilkie November 30, 2021

Thank you Alex. I'll see what I can do with that.

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Matt Wilkie

You should consider using a Jira Marketplace addon. I would recommend you our Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports app. It helps you to create custom reports on Jira Time Logs. For example, you can track daily how much time did you or any users logged in and for which issue. You can also create lots of other reports based on Jira issue fields, for example to check how much time did you logged on particular projects, issue type or any Jira issue custom field.

How to create a report.gif

You can also, use it to even log time directly from the report view, which helps to manage your Time Logging efficiently and quickly notice when you forgot to log your time:

How to Log Time using Work Logs.gif

Hope it helps! Please feel free to contact us if you have any question. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events