Workflow tab not appear

Ismail Alami January 11, 2020

Type of project : Next-gen project, software project / Scrum

Type of user : Administrator

Situation: When completing a sprint, although issues have been moved to the "DONE" column, they are seen as not resolved.

How to resolve issues ? I saw posts saying that we need to add a workflow, and on "DONE" add a post function to change resolution to DONE - which I all did (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html).

But then I need to assign it to a project. As you can see on one of the screenshots I have created a workflow ("fix resolutions workflow") which has been assigned to one project but cannot be assigned to the software project I want.

Problem: When I open any next gen software project, on the settings tab, the workflow sub-tab doesn't appear. Only appear the followings : Details, Access, Issue types, Features and Apps. How can I access workflows on the software next gen project ?

Very weirdly, the workflow tab does appear for other projects of type "Business project". But I really want to use the sprint functionality.

1) Is it the right way to resolve issues?

2) If yes, how can I make the workflow tab appear in order to assign a certain workflow to the project ?

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 08.37.58.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 08.32.22.png

1 answer

1 vote
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

Hello @Ismail Alami

When working with next-gen projects, the classic workflow scheme creation and assignment does not work. Next-gen projects currently have not released the workflow control functionality as was known to other project types.

Solution: In the context of a next-gen project, an issue is considered resolved when it reaches the right-most column on the board, regardless of the name of the column.

Some extra info: If you want to implement so transitions rules, as you would in classic workflows, you can add rules to the board. You can find this by clicking the top-right meatballs button on the board page and selecting 'Manage Rules'.

Suggest an answer