Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Workflow overlaying after saving

When creating workflows the status are all spaced out and the flow of the lines is easy to read.  But when I save the workflows the statuses and lines all stack on top of one another.  Is there a setting to prevent this ? 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Chris_Meyer ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, and the workflow designer and viewer should be showing the same details once a workflow is published.

The workflow designer and the workflow viewer used to have different design properties and layouts that were fixed in the following Feature request a while back in 2013, so if you are seeing a discrepancy we should take a closer look:

I played around in the editor a bit and was not able to recreate the behavior you are describing and I am wondering if you could grab me a screenshot of the differences between the View and edit mode in your workflow so I can try and recreate the behavior and see what is happening here?

Regards,
Earl

Hello @Earl McCutcheon 

Here is screenshot of how it looks after it is saved.  Before saving the lines and shapes are not overlapped or stacked,  you can see the process clearly. But when I save the workflow it condenses it.   I hope this helps.

jiraworkflowstackedaftersave.PNG 

Hi @Chris_Meyer ,

Thanks for the screenshot, and this does narrow things down a bit more to a Team managed workflow where the resizing and scaling issue is occurring for you and I narrowed the scope of testing on my end to just the Team managed workflows but I am still not able to reproduce this behavior.

As an example, I created the following workflow added in several additional statuses and a bunch of transitions, and played around with the scaling and several other factors but as a result, the Pre-save and post-save views are not condensing or re-sizing:

Pre Save:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 5.06.57 PM.png

Post-Save:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 5.07.19 PM.png

So I am wondering if there is an additional environment vriable causing this issue to trigger.  So for some follow up can you check out our "Browser Troubleshooting Guide"  and run through the Indispensable tests section, to see if there is something in the browser level that we can identify that is causing this resize to occur, as this is definitely buggy behavior you are seeing and it would be nice to get a fix in place if we can identify the failure point.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

237 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you