Workflow Transition Buttons Do Not Appear for All Tickets

Daniel A_ August 30, 2022

Dear Community

I sometimes have the problem that no transition buttons are displayed for certain issues. So far these cases are only issues from the same project.

There are several issues with this problem but for most of them the transition buttons are displayed.

There are already some entries about this topic in the community but none of them could help me in this case.

I have checked the following:
- Check the Permission defined at the Project Permission Scheme.
- Check the actual workflow transition if there is any validation created restricting who can do the transition.
- The workflow applied (value of the "name" column) on this issue is associated with the project;
- The issue is associated with an existing current step;

I cannot find a cause for this problem.

Does anyone have any other experiences or tips?

Kind regards
Daniel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel A_ September 27, 2022

The Jira Integrity Checker (Check Workflow Integrity) solved the problem.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi Daniel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Transitions are hidden based on Conditions that exist on the transition in the workflow, not validators. 

Daniel A_ September 1, 2022

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for your feedback.
I have checked the conditions. It can't be due to these.

It has only two conditions:
- Issue must not have status "Closed
- Issue must not have status "In Progress" (if you want to switch from any status to "In Progress")

Kind regards
Daniel

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Can you give some more details? What status is it in now? What are you trying to move it to? 

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Suggest an answer