Workflow, Set Assignee Causes Assignee to edit

David May 20, 2019

Hello,

I am configuring my QA workflow. In which; when the developer fixes the bug, it is sent back to QA for confirmation of the fix.

I have successfully added a post function to the transition, which edits the issue setting the assignee to QA.

The issue occurs when looking at the QA's profile. It shows a log of `QA edited [issue]` however this is not true, it was the [Developer] who marked the task as Fixed and set the assignee to QA (via post function).

Is it possible to prevent Jira from thinking QA edited the task when it was marked as fixed?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for the details and the discrepancy between the issue history and the user profile "Worked On" feed you found looks like a new bug.

I created the following BUG Report to track this issue, please make sure to add yourself as a watcher on the request if you would like to receive updates on the status, and feel free to add any additional info related to the issue as a comment on the request relevant to your specific use case:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer