Work sub-filter for issues with both released and unreleased versions?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

I have a kanban board where the issues in the done columen have several fix versions, both released and unreleased. Is there a way to create a work sub-filter that does filter out the issues that has at least one release fix version?

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() or fixVersion not in (releasedVersions() does not do the trick.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

I used resolutiondate < -5d which resolves the problem

2 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

If Issues do have unreleased Versions assigned, Jira filters (and so GreenHopper as well) querying for unreleasedVersions() will always return them. As a workaround, you could manually exclude the Versions that you intend to keep unreleased from the filter, e.g. (fixVersion is empty or fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()) and fixVersion not in (Version1, Version2 ... etc.).

May I ask, though, why do you have unreleased fixVersions assigned to Issues that you consider completed?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Thanks. Well, I am "only" the administrator :) Not sure I agree that they should have unreleased versions but they do. They do not (yet?) fully use the functions in JIRA/Greenhopper, but like the kanban board. I have created a filter for hiding the closed issues and by that getting rid of the issues in the done column. I was thinking I might to the other way around and creating a search where I remove the issues containg certain string in the versions - a way for them to clearing the done column.

seamus doherty November 4, 2013

hi,

I have been searching around for an answer or advice to a similar scenario.

The project uses "fixversion" to identify the version of the product (i.e. "2014A" which means the product will be completely released during 1st half of 2014).

Development is ongoing for this 2014A product, and is broken into several periodic drops, each contain additional functionality. Each of these drops is represented by "fixversion" of 2.0.D, 2.0.E, etc. As the preiodic drops are released, I perform a release on all issues associated with that drop.

So an issue can have "fixversion" with two items ("2014A", "2.0.D"), where "2014A" is not released yet, but 2.0.D is released. The project will always have issues with "2014B", but issues can have different 2.0.x drops depending on the drop of the project they relate to.

I use Kanban for the team, and swimlanes for each drop, so when a drop is released (work completed on that drop) I want it to be excluded from the kanban Agile board.

I want to set up a work sub-filter to make issues with multi fix versions like above not display on the kanban agile board if one of the versions is released.

Is this possible, what are my filter options, he simplier the better.

• Should issues only have fixversions that are either all released or not released?
  • Should the filter "handle" the specific versions that I want to exclude from the Kanban board

ANy advice?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Hi Seamus!

I am not sure if this will work but I also use these ways:

åhär får jag alla ärenden som inte ingår i någont releasad version – d v s ärendet visas inte om det ingår i minst en releasad version:

This is how I get all issues not in any released version, ie the issue will not show if it is included in at least one released version.

fixversion not in releasedVersions() OR fixversion is empty

This is how I get all issues part of at least one unreleased version, ie the issue is shown as long as all versions for the issue are not released.

fixversion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixversion is empty
I hope that can help you!

Suggest an answer