With Jira Cloud can we make a 'Comment' on an issue that is only shared with a sub-group

Peter Campbell December 2, 2021

In Jira server we were able to comment on issues/tickets my marking the comment as 'Internal Only' based on permissions of specific users.  This was especially useful when the project ticket was for an external customer/vendor.  

In Jira Cloud we do not see a similar feature to allow 'internal only' comments on tickets. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

@Peter Campbell - That feature came with Jira if were using service desk/management on top of Jira. Should be able to do the same thing if you are subscribe to Jira Service Management in the cloud.

-Ben

Peter Campbell December 6, 2021

Thanks.  We'll take a look at Jira Service Management option.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

@Peter Campbell 

Are you working with a Software project or a Service Management project? It will say at the top of the navigation pane on the left below the project name.

And are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? That will be shown at the bottom of the navigation pane.

I recently discovered for Team Managed Software projects, the comment restriction feature is not present.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18778

I don't know if the same is true for Team Managed Service Management projects.

Suggest an answer