Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

With Jira Cloud can we make a 'Comment' on an issue that is only shared with a sub-group

In Jira server we were able to comment on issues/tickets my marking the comment as 'Internal Only' based on permissions of specific users.  This was especially useful when the project ticket was for an external customer/vendor.  

In Jira Cloud we do not see a similar feature to allow 'internal only' comments on tickets. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin Community Leader Dec 02, 2021

@Peter Campbell - That feature came with Jira if were using service desk/management on top of Jira. Should be able to do the same thing if you are subscribe to Jira Service Management in the cloud.

-Ben

Thanks.  We'll take a look at Jira Service Management option.

@Peter Campbell 

Are you working with a Software project or a Service Management project? It will say at the top of the navigation pane on the left below the project name.

And are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? That will be shown at the bottom of the navigation pane.

I recently discovered for Team Managed Software projects, the comment restriction feature is not present.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18778

I don't know if the same is true for Team Managed Service Management projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

468 views 19 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you