Windows: The HTTP port you have chosen appears to be in use, please choose a different port number

Sukumar Ghorai December 20, 2020

I was trying to install Jira Software 8.14.0 in Windows 10 in my laptop, using default port option. 

its giving error as: The HTTP port you have chosen appears to be in use, please choose a different port number.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2020

Hi @Sukumar Ghorai ,

Well that pretty much explains it no? It seems the HTTP port is already being used on your laptop.

By default it uses 8080 so maybe you already have some other webserver installed?

Sukumar Ghorai December 20, 2020

I am not sure... 

What is the solution, any HTTP port as alternative is ok?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2020

Pretty much yeah.

Try and avoid common ones and you'll be good. You'll just to connect to the instance on 

http://locahost:xxxx 

But you can choose anything you want! (well within the range of ports) but maybe try like 8100 or something, that seems a not often used one

Suggest an answer