Will my archived/closed tickets be migrated as well from old to next gen?

Deleted user June 14, 2019

I read the updated article and understand the limitations from old to new gen. However, the points mostly highlighted current or new tickets.

Will all my past closed tickets from the past (ie. last year) be transferred as well?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hello Anthony,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

You can choose any tickets to be migrated to Next-gen, closed/archived or not. To properly move your issues from Classic to Next-gen, you just need to move it from a Classic project to a Next-gen project.

To choose which issues you would like to move, you can perform the steps below:

1. Click your Jira icon () to navigate to the Jira home page.
  2. Click to search issues > Advanced search
  3. In the filter bar, configure the issues you want to move
  4. Supposing you would like to move your closed issues, you can configure the following query: status = closed
  5. In the top-right corner, select more (•••) > Bulk change all > Select the option to move the issues

P.S: Next-gen projects and classic projects are technically quite different, so a few things can break when you migrate from a classic software project to a next-gen software project. Here's what we know so far:

• Active sprints: Sprints in progress in your classic project won't move to your next-gen project. Issues that were in the active sprint in your classic project will be in the backlog of your next-gen project.

• Epic links and issue links: Any issue links in your classic project will not exist in your next-gen project. The issues themselves will still exist, but the links between them won't.

• Subtasks: All subtasks will be lost in this migration process.

• Custom fields: These must be recreated in your new next-gen project.

• Story points estimation: This data will be lost, however, you'll be able to start using story points estimation by enabling the Estimation feature in your next-gen project.

• Reports: Data for your project's Velocity report won't be saved. The Velocity report will show that no points were completed in past sprints.

For more information about it, you can check the documentation below:

Migrate between next-gen and classic projects

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events