• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Will future versions support more than one baseline?

Currently it is only possible to set one baseline for a project.

Actually, we would like to keep the original baseline (@Project Order) and add the latest baseline as well. (agreed in last review)

Is it planned that a future update will support multiple baselines?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Petra Strobl 

What do you want to baseline? dates, estimates or something else. Can you explain the project order in bit more detail?

There are apps that can potentially help you with baselining but you can always create custom fields to capture original planned dates or effort for example.

Ravi

hi Ravi,

Basically, i would like to baseline the project schedule including the milestones.

I understand that I can only maintain 1 baseline in BigPicture / Gant, ideally I would like to have an inital one at Project Order and at minium a Latest One after a Project Review. makes no sense to report always against the initial one if updates have been approved already. nevertheless, I would like to keep the initial one for measuring project performance. 

kind regards

Petra

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Hello @Petra Strobl

Answering your basic question, yes, we plan to introduce the feature that will allow a user to create multiple baselines. At the moment, we don’t have ETA. However, you can follow the functionality development in the ticket ONE-23419. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can create new custom fields reflecting successive baselines you want to refer to at a certain moment and map them to Baseline Start Date/End Date in BigPicture Technical configuration. See my image as a reference.

image (60).png
Please remember to enable “Migrate existing values to newly selected fields.”
image (61).png

If you have further questions, I will gladly answer them.

Best,
Anna 
SoftwarePlant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

637 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you