Will future versions support more than one baseline?

Petra Strobl January 25, 2021

Currently it is only possible to set one baseline for a project.

Actually, we would like to keep the original baseline (@Project Order) and add the latest baseline as well. (agreed in last review)

Is it planned that a future update will support multiple baselines?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Petra Strobl 

What do you want to baseline? dates, estimates or something else. Can you explain the project order in bit more detail?

There are apps that can potentially help you with baselining but you can always create custom fields to capture original planned dates or effort for example.

Ravi

Petra Strobl January 26, 2021

hi Ravi,

Basically, i would like to baseline the project schedule including the milestones.

I understand that I can only maintain 1 baseline in BigPicture / Gant, ideally I would like to have an inital one at Project Order and at minium a Latest One after a Project Review. makes no sense to report always against the initial one if updates have been approved already. nevertheless, I would like to keep the initial one for measuring project performance. 

kind regards

Petra

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Petra Strobl

Answering your basic question, yes, we plan to introduce the feature that will allow a user to create multiple baselines. At the moment, we don’t have ETA. However, you can follow the functionality development in the ticket ONE-23419. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can create new custom fields reflecting successive baselines you want to refer to at a certain moment and map them to Baseline Start Date/End Date in BigPicture Technical configuration. See my image as a reference.

image (60).png
Please remember to enable “Migrate existing values to newly selected fields.”
image (61).png

If you have further questions, I will gladly answer them.

Best,
Anna 
SoftwarePlant

Suggest an answer