Will Jira worklog entry IDs remain the same after migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud?

Holger Eckert November 12, 2022

Hello,

we support an integration between Jira Server and a third party application. The integration affects worklogs and the linking is based on the unique Jira worklog entry  IDs.

Due to the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant documentation the issue worklog is part of the migration.

As the worklog entry IDs are essential for our integration we are wondering if it will be the same numeric ID after migration or will the worklog entries be newly created with new/different IDs?

We would appreciate your answer to our main quation:

Will Jira worklog entry IDs remain the same after migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud?

Any reference to that kind of technical migration details will be appreciated too.

Thanks & best regards.

Holger

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Holger Eckert I would assume that it would be different but I am not positive on that.  I would suggest signing up for a free account and doing a migration to see what happens and where all the challenges you will have when you migrate.  If you are not to that point I would suggest submitting an Atlassian support issue. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events