Will Atlassian create a dark mode for JIRA?

Gregory Carman February 17, 2021

Several people within my organization have inquired about a dark mode feature for JIRA.  Right now, there appear to be only a few options in the marketplace that all cost money annually to use.  Will Atlassian be adding this feature as a standard option anytime soon?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

There is an issue in their backlog for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63150

Gregory Carman February 17, 2021

Thank you for the link Trudy!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

As @Capi [resolution] mentioned, you can change your browser to use a dark mode extension. Some of my team members use Dark Reader which has extensions for Chrome and Firefox.

oranges13 March 16, 2021

Darkreader is great, but it is currently breaking the Confluence Editor

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

if you are a Mac user there is a client that supports DM.

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

@Gregory Carman 

I think you can trick your browser with dark mode extensions. I tried it in Confluence, but the result creeped me out tbh.

Also, the guys from Swanly are working on the dark mode for their roadmaps, which looks kind of cool:

1613467711592.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events