Why the statuses from my custom JIRA workflow are not automatically mapped to the columns on a Scrum Board

Hassnain Abidi October 31, 2012

I created a Scrum Board in GreenHopper and did not choose the Simplified Workflow; rather I used my custom Workflow that we had created in JIRA. On the ‘Columns’ tab on ‘Configure My Test Board’ only five statuses are displayed in the three columns. (see the attached screenshot). I would like to know why the rest of the statuses from my Workflow do not appear in the three columns on the board. These statuses are present on the ‘Unmapped Statuses’.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2012

Hey Hassnain,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH059/Configuring+Columns#ConfiguringColumns-MappingColumnstoJIRAStatuses

The five statuses that appears in the columns are default JIRA statuses, that's why they are mapped. The other statuses you need to define in which column fits better.

Hope that helps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2012

For new features/requests, have a look at https://jira.atlassian.com

I'm not sure this is one that would work too well though - a lot of Jira sites don't want that done automatically, because it's not right for them...

Thanks for the reply, but I was expecting that the Board would automatically inherit all the statuses since I have linked my custom Workflow to the Board in the 'GreenHopper Project templates'. Don't you think it would be too much of a hassel if the user has to add the custom statuses to these columns everytime a new project is created. Can this issue be addressed as an improvement for any of the future GreenHopper Iterations/release.

Thanks. I will check out the link.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Hi Hassain,

Please note that the GreenHopper Project Templates apply only to the GreenHopper Classic screens (as indicated in the information box at the top of that screen).

Cheers,
Shaun

Suggest an answer