Why the JIRA Data Center v8.20.7 is very slow

Praveen June 6, 2022

Hi Team,

Why the JIRA Data Center v8.20.7 is very slow what we need to do to increase performance it

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Short answer: The usual reason is poor configuration

But I'm afraid "why is my java system slow" is a massive question - you need to look at your entire system, from the bare metal it is probably running on, right the way through to how your people are (ab)using it.

Start with the simple question - what is slow, and how do you know it is slow?  Are you comparing a multi-million issue server with another machine that's got 3 issues?  Is it certain activities or users?  (page loads, transitions, the admin screens, a single project, Dave from accounts is complaining in general, etc).  Are there patterns like "ok at the weekend, but almost unusable at 3pm on Tuesdays".

"It's slow" is NOT a simple problem.  You need to monitor and analyse this in detail.

Praveen June 7, 2022

ok , let me check 

Praveen June 9, 2022

We found the solution by disabling BigPicture plugin the performance really good after disabling it.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Praveen

Bigpicture should not interfere in any way with Jira instance performance. Therefore we would like to investigate your case individually.

Please get in touch with our Support Team via our Service Desk, sharing more details. BigPicture Team will gladly assist you in pinpointing the exact cause of the issue and provide a solution.

Suggest an answer