Why subtask not appearing the drop down of issue type?

SACHIN MENON September 15, 2017

I am using the self hosted Jira software. I am using kanban board. When I am creating issue I don't get the option for subtask in the drop down menu under issue types. I created couple of issue and the tried creating subtasks but its missing in the drop down. Is there anywhere I need to enable in the administration panel for this to appear?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

Hey Sachin,

To create a sub-task you should go to an issue and click on the "..." symbol on the right side.  Create a sub-task is an option under there.

Creating issues using the "Create" button normally only shows the parent types (Epics, Stories, etc)

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

Doh! Yes of course then there is that. :-) I had forgotten that had changed long ago. 

SACHIN MENON September 16, 2017

Thanks Tyler. You are right. it appears once the issue is selected and appears on the right. I didn't notice it earlier.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

are you an admin? Please check to be sure sub-task is listed as an issue type for the project. This document should help.

Subtask.JPG

Thanks Jack. Create sub task option appears once the issue is created and once you select the issue, it appears on the right side of the kanban board.

Suggest an answer