Why some of the team are able to manage tickets' Reporter field and others can't?

Idan B. - CSI April 7, 2021

We are a small team on the free plan. I'm the site admin and everyone else have Site Access permission. While some of the team can change Reporter field on a ticket, others are unable to. I tried from the admin console to log in as the user who is experiencing the issue and was unable to do it. I've assigned these users "Trusted" role and still didn't work. (To clarify, I manage users from the from the User Management section in the Admin console and not from the Project since managing users on the free plan can be done only in the admin console.)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

I suspect the people who can not change the reporter are not in a group or project role that gets "edit reporter" permission.  Check the permissions on the project to see who has and how to grant it to the users who need it.

Thank you for the reply. You're right, but we can't add them to the project. The people on the project are there from the time we had a paying plan. Since we changed to a free plan we can't add users to the project (the "Add People" button is inactive).

add users.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Ahh, yes, that would explain how you got there.  You're right, the free plan does not allow for permissions, they're fixed in place.  But if you've gone up to paid, reconfigured, and then gone down, it does not change what you've got, just stops letting you change it!

I don't think there's anything we could do, other than go paid again, modify the config and drop back down again!

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events