Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why some of the team are able to manage tickets' Reporter field and others can't?

We are a small team on the free plan. I'm the site admin and everyone else have Site Access permission. While some of the team can change Reporter field on a ticket, others are unable to. I tried from the admin console to log in as the user who is experiencing the issue and was unable to do it. I've assigned these users "Trusted" role and still didn't work. (To clarify, I manage users from the from the User Management section in the Admin console and not from the Project since managing users on the free plan can be done only in the admin console.)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

I suspect the people who can not change the reporter are not in a group or project role that gets "edit reporter" permission.  Check the permissions on the project to see who has and how to grant it to the users who need it.

Thank you for the reply. You're right, but we can't add them to the project. The people on the project are there from the time we had a paying plan. Since we changed to a free plan we can't add users to the project (the "Add People" button is inactive).

add users.png

Ahh, yes, that would explain how you got there.  You're right, the free plan does not allow for permissions, they're fixed in place.  But if you've gone up to paid, reconfigured, and then gone down, it does not change what you've got, just stops letting you change it!

I don't think there's anything we could do, other than go paid again, modify the config and drop back down again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

284 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you