Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why link a jira issue to any website?

What application benefit can it have to link a jira issue with any website?

I understand

• linking one issue to another
  • linking an issue to an confluence page

But what is the point of linking a jira issue to any website?

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar Community Leader Jul 02, 2019

Hi Andreas,

The benefit of having the possibility of adding external URLs to the issuelinks section consists of putting together all sources of information somehow relevant to the issue, displayed together.

That way, you will always know what area of the issue you need to look for finding related info in a quick sight, no matter where the info comes from.

Hope it helps.

0 votes

It's useful for pointing people to related links (in my company for example, it's really useful to have Jira issues pointing to the proposals, agreements, and projects for a client) but also some people use Jira for raising issues with documents or web-pages directly, and a link is a lot nicer than digging through a pile of text to find where it might have been embedded.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,534 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you