• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is the backlog showing "Your board has too many issues" with less than 5000 unclosed tickets?

Our problem

The backlog in the next-gen software shows "Your board has too many issues", instead of showing the normal backlog screen, while there are only 1000+ unclosed issues, after a change in the workflow.

About our project

The project contains 7000+ tickets.
Among them, 5000+ are closed (Done) and 1000+ are unclosed.

Before the change in the workflow

We had four status in the workflow (Three standard ones + one customized):
To Do, In Progress, Resolved, Done
Where Resolved is an in progress status.
workflow before.png

After the change in the workflow

We now have five status in the workflow
To Do, In Progress, Resolved, Ready for testing, Done
Where Resolved and Ready for testing are all in progress status.

workflow after.pngOur question

Is this a bug, or is there any problem with the backlog when adding additional status?

1 answer

Hello @Yanjun Wang 

Welcome to the community.

Take a look at this post from September 2020 which sounds like the same problem.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Board-view-for-next-gen-project-showing-Your-board-has-too-many/qaq-p/1494695

Let us know if that correlates to what you are experiencing.

Hi Trudy! @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the post. It seems to be the same problem with backlog when adding a new status. But this information solely does not solve our problem. This problem and really hinder our project now as we cannot create sprints in the backlog. 

1. The bug reported in that post does not completely match our problem in the reproducing steps. The root cause might be the same, but the business impact is rather different. Therefore I'm afraid I have to disagree on this issue is only a medium priority issue.
  2. The workaround in that reference post does not apply to our case. We do not want to achieve any tickets in our current project as the URL of these tickets is being used to support our customers. According to the specification, this is a bug that Atlassian should fix, other than fixed by Jira users.

Here is what we are asking for.

1. Could you please identify the bug and the reproducing steps again and create another bug ticket for that. For us, they seem to be quite different.
  2. Could you please raise the priority of this issue? I think the business impact is pretty high.
  3. Could you please provide us an ETA on when the bug is gonna be fixed? We need this information to decide whether to wait or to delete all customized workflow.

We appreciate your assist!

Hello @Yanjun Wang 

I am not an employee of Atlassian. I am just another user of their products, helping other users in this community.

If you think another issues should be opened in Atlassian's backlog, you should open a support case with Atlassian directly. This is just a community space, not Atlassian's support channel.

If you would like to make a comment or ask a question about the bug report linked in the other post, add that comment directly to that bug report.

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

I am terribly sorry! That was embarrassing of me saying in that way.
Really appreciate your help. We will look for Atlassian's support channel.

Again, for what I have said above.
I wish you all the best!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

225 views 1 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you