Why is it so hard to try and fill a bug ?

Stéphan Champagne September 25, 2018

I am trying to fill a bug, after all the questions I get back to contact and it's a circular reference to get to from To report a new bug: Create an issue in our support system  back to contact etc. But nowhere can I add a bug. Even when I search and found that the bug was reported before, and a nice little message was added, but fixes nothing now I get:

Your session timed out while you were in the process of moving an issue. This means that we have lost the information that we collected thus far from the wizard. You will need to try the move operation again from the start. Sorry for the inconvenience.

instead of a nasty  but it still bugs nevertheless. And I am not doing a bulk move.  Just a simple move. 

And finally I found it yea : 

In the quick links allows me to create a bug. You should change the link from report a new bug to this one.

2 answers

0 votes

I finally got it to work by closing, going back to the ticket, and doing the move again. It could help to know that it was a cloned issue. So if I clone, save the clone removing the CLONE -, and then try to right away move it to a different parent. I get the bug. 

If I leave, come back to the cloned item and try to move it again, it works !

Sorry I am not using the bug tracker for this , I cannot assign lol.

0 votes

Wow when I finally get there, 

User 'stephan.champagne' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission

Come on, 

I can tell you have bugs but you don't know because people don't have time to figure out all your issues to report an issue.

Very difficult.

All this work for nothing, trying to help.

and then some more, trying to leave a comment here:

Error

Your message was not accepted. Check for invalid HTML or try reposting as plain text.

Maybe because I copy pasted the ticket number for the other ticket, lets try again

1. JRASERVER-9668

Session Timeout causes error in Move Issue

Suggest an answer