Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why is Jira performance much slower in Safari compared to Chrome?

I have found that Jira performance is significantly slower using Safari than it is on Chrome, on MacOS.

As an example: opening an issue on a company managed board:

From initial click, to empty modal displaying:

• Safari: 2-5 seconds
  • Chrome: <1 second

From empty modal displaying to content displaying:

• Safari: 1-3 seconds
  • Chrome: 1-2 seconds

You can see from this example that on average, Chrome just feels snappier, and is much more performant than Safari, which feels sluggish and unresponsive in comparison.

Extrapolate that out to most other interactions with Jira, navigating menus, reading and moving cards,  The result is that Jira on Safari is a poor experience.

The easy solution is to use Chrome, but is there anything that can be done to improve front-end performance of Jira on Safari? Any settings I could enable or disable to make things snappier?

Most of Atlassian's competitors in this space, including their buddies at Trello, have experiences that work great in Safari, so it seems crazy to me that Jira sucks so much on it.

2 answers

I have the same experience. Jira is very slow in Safari compared to Chrome for me. It is very frustrating to use. I use Safari for everything and it is annoying to also have to run Chrome just for Jira.
There are no other websites I use regularly that have such a distinct performance difference between browsers.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Apr 29, 2023

You might reach out to Atlassian support for their response.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Apr 20, 2023

Hi @Will Goldsbury , I'm curious if you have seen similar performance behaviors with other applications? I have to wonder if this is browser related rather than Jira related. There are quite a number of variables (extensions, cache, developer tools enabled, etc) here making it hard to diagnose. It would be interesting to generate HAR files from each browser and compare the results. If you reach out to Atlassian support they may have other input. If you do I would definitely attach HAR files for them to analyze. Just make sure the tests are the exact same steps....apples-to-apples.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events