Why is JIRA automatically adding a project filter (project = 'xxx') to my filter used for the agile gadget?

Rao, Krishna October 16, 2014

I am setting up an agile dashboard using the classic agile gadget. I have defined my filter query to use with dashboard and the filter is returning the right result. However, the agile gadget is not display any data. Looking at the filter used by the gadget, I see that JIRA is automatically adding the following to the query. 

AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY - this is already documented

AND Project = 'xxx' - Not sure where this is coming from. 

Because of the extra project filter, the query is not returning any data. Can someone shed some light?

Appreciate the help!

Krishna

5 answers

0 votes
Rao, Krishna November 17, 2014

The filter is automatically added by JIRA. If you have projects that are not showing up in the Agile gadget correctly, make sure you enable them under Add Ons / JIRA Agile / Enabled Projects

0 votes
Cassi Cannon November 17, 2014

I am seeing the same issue. Were you able to find a resolution?

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

I have JIRA 6.1.6 and Agile 6.3.6 and I did some tests and there wasn't any problem. Just in case you should create a support ticket for this.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

You can go here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+the+Agile+Classic+Gadget and there's an option Report a Bug at the bottom.

Thanks for researching the issue and your recommendation.

0 votes

Yeah, I am using the Agile Classic Gadget. JIRA version is 6.2.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2014

It seems like a bug. Are you using the Agile Classic Gadget? Which Agile version?

Suggest an answer