Why is Greenhopper's agile gadget incorrectly displaying charts for certain projects?

Sheppe Pharis January 16, 2012

Here's the story: we use Crowd for authentication, and we were experiencing the "duplicate user" bug. The fix for this bug in particular is to turn on the lower-case output only option in Crowd. We went ahead and did that, and now some of our projects are incorrectly displaying charts for only some of our projects. Here is an example of what I mean:

Chart displaying incorrect values:

Here's what these charts should look like:

Something I'm also hearing from the affected users is that not all tasks/hours recorded against tasks are properly associated with user accounts. This tells me that there is likely orphaned data in the DB, and that leads to the next question I'll be posting. Has anyone got some insight?

Thanks,

-Sheppe

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sheppe Pharis February 6, 2012

The problem lay in a bad schema. We moved all of our worflows, issue types, permissions, etc. to a standard set, and after a re-index things cleared up.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2012

Sheppe,

Not sure if you mentioned this or if it's too obvious an answer, but those charts rely on version start and end dates to correctly display data. Any chance those are missing? I only ask because the first chart doesn't show any time span in Days, where as the second one does showing 14-Dec to 27-Dec.

Looks like some of the projects may be missing iteration start and end dates.

That one might be too easy a solution, but that's the first thing I check when I notice the charts are off. Check to make sure the fix version start and end dates are actually populated in GreenHopper in the projects where the data is not showing.

If you're lucky it could be as simple as that. Otherwise, a support ticket as Jeremy suggests is probably the way to go.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2012

I think this question's a bit too hard to figure out here in Answers. We'll likely need a copy of your anonymized data, or need to walk through it on a screenshare. Try opening a support ticket.

If I had all your data and was digging in, here's how I'd do it:

1. Figure out what is the difference between the projects that work and the projects that don't.
  2. Given your comment about usernames being the change you made, figure out if the project piece is irrelevant; that is, is this a per-user problem or is this a per-project problem? Or, is it some kind of combination of both?
  3. Head over to the detailed time tracking to see about debugging a bit.

Suggest an answer