Why have Done story points/tasks lost their 'Completed' status for all sprints?

Luke Butters April 12, 2021

I closed my teams latest sprint as usual, however all tasks include 'Done' tasks were moved to the next sprint and were never 'Completed'.

After testing on a new sprint and task, even when a task is marked as 'Done', it is not 'Completed', so cannot be submitted correctly. 

Checking the velocity report, I see that all previous sprints show zero 'Completed' story points. 

I followed the usual process that always proves sucessful, howver I did manipulate the workflow. Another project in our company has the same new workflow format, without this issue.

See attached:
- New workflow format
- No completed issues notification
- All previous sprints with zero 'Completed'

Please help! We need to complete the previous tasks and move on with our next sprint. 

Many thanks,
Luke
workflowFormat.pngnoCompleteTasks.png
velocityReport.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Also to note: We are using Next-Gen Project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Is the Done status in the right-most column of your board?

Like Alexandre Nourissier likes this

Hi Trudy,

See attached a copy of our Backlog format, where the green 'Done' status is present on the right hand side, but left of the Assignee avatar.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Best,
LukeBacklog.png

Hi Trudy,

I now understand your question. 

The 'Done' status was in fact NOT on the right hand side. 

After moving to the right, the issue was resolved. 

Thank you very much!

Best,
LukeBoard.PNG

Matthew Crocco August 4, 2021

I found this answer because I have multiple "Completed" statuses, "Done" and "Cancelled" where this was not working. However I discovered you could put multiple statuses in a column. Hope that helps someoneMultiple_Statuses.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events