Why don't new issues inherit default Project Roles, like Product Owner?

Erik Yeargan February 24, 2014

I have set the Product Owner for the project, so I would expect new issues to inherit this default Product Owner. Also, if I CHANGE the person in this role, I would expect all the issues to inherit the NEW Product Owner. For example, what if someone LEAVES the company and is replaced by a new person!

6 answers

0 votes

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA042/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-projectsWhereUserHasRole%28%29

projectsWhereUserHasRole()

Find issues in projects where you have a specific role.

Note that this function is only available if you are logged in to JIRA.

<h6>Syntax</h6>
projectsWhereUserHasRole(rolename)
0 votes

projectsWhereUserHasRole()

Find issues in projects where you have a specific role.

Note that this function is only available if you are logged in to JIRA.

<h6>Syntax</h6>
projectsWhereUserHasRole(rolename)
0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

First of all, JIRA does not allow you to search based on project role, so when you say

all issues in that project should appear in the results of a filter "Product Owners" = "Erik Yeargan".

How did you manage this?

0 votes

Hi Rahul,

For example, in my project, the role of Product Owner is set to Erik Yeargan (me). So, all issues in that project should appear in the results of a filter "Product Owners" = "Erik Yeargan".

Also, if Erik Yeargan leaves the company and is replaced by John Smith in the Project Role of Product Owner, then that issue should appear in the new filter, "Product Owner" = "John Smith".

Does that help?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

Can you clarify what u mean by the term inherit?

0 votes

I have set the Product Owner for the project, so I would expect new issues to inherit this default Product Owner. Also, if I CHANGE the person in this role, I would expect all the issues to inherit the NEW Product Owner. For example, what if someone LEAVES the company and is replaced by a new person!

Suggest an answer