Why don't I have a Create button in the new Jira Cloud navigation?

Jesse Pelton June 30, 2020

The new Jira cloud navigation documentation clearly shows and discusses a "Create" button, but I have no such button. The browser window is wide enough that there's no "More" button in the nav bar, and widening the window further doesn't add anything to the bar.

No Create button in Jira.PNG

The "c" keyboard shortcut works.

To check whether there was some browser and/or caching issue, I logged in to Jira with a different browser than the one I normally use. No Create button there.

Is the lack of a visible button due to a bug or a configuration issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Pelton July 7, 2020

The create button is visible today. The button's CSS now specifies color: rgb(0, 0, 0), so the text is black on a white background and is therefore legible. It appears that there was a bug that has been corrected.

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2020

Thanks for reporting this Jesse and apologies for not seeing this sooner! We did spot a bug with the custom theming and were able to track down the issue and put a fix in like you've already seen ;) 

Cheers,

Matt

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Jesse Pelton 

The white box to the right of Apps is your Create button, just not sure why it isn't showing. As an example, see mine below

Screenshot_3.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

I've seen that happen when I've messed up a colour scheme, and when browser addons are blocking bits of pages.

Jesse Pelton July 1, 2020

The problem shows up with Chrome out of the box (no add-ons), and I don't have any browser or application themes/schemes.

The button element start tag is

<button id="createGlobalItem" data-hide-on-smallscreens="true" type="button" data-testid="atlassian-navigation--create-button" class="css-1aaz87w">

The CSS for the element's class (css-1aaz87w) sets color: rgb(255, 255, 255) and background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 0%, That's white on white, which of course renders as a white box.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events