Why does not epic show the issues connected to it?

I'm using /rest/api/latest/issue/<id> to fetch json data from an epic-type issue. The epic has a issue connected to it, but it's not showing up anywhere in the json. If I use /rest/api/latest/issue/<id> to show data from the connected issue it tells me what epic it's in, but not the other way around. I'm I doing this the wrong way? Is there another api I can use to get all relevant data from an epic?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Sep 17, 2013

It's not showing up because you are not using the Agile REST API. Try this (https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/).

That is the one I'm using. But is there another way to see the details on an issue if it is of the type Epic? Other than the one I'm mentioned in my question?

If I change it the other way around and use the task attached to the epic instead I can see what epic it's connected to.

Hi Espen...Did you get any way around this? I am myself stuck at the same spot.

Hi Espen...Did you get any way around this? I am myself stuck at the same spot.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

277 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot