Why does additional html tags appear in an attachment field description Edited

When I've add a description in summary field it appears as I expected with just plain text. Unfortunately when I'm adding description to attachment field it appears with extra html tags <p> in front and </p>on the end. Could you help or explain why it works in this way?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Witold,

I have tested the same on my local JIRA and I do not see any tags for the attachment field. Did you copy the string from somewhere? The tag could have been attached from other content, you want to paste the string into a text editor and then copy-paste from the text editor.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Hi,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it doesn't help. The html tag appears even when I provide description directly from keyboard. There isn't a default field configuration scheme, this description is appearing only in one project. I've tested it in different scheme and the problem appears as well. We're working on JIRA Cloud

Regards

Witek

Heya Witek,

Thanks for highlighting that you are using JIRA Cloud. There is an open bug about this on JIRA Cloud; JRACLOUD-40434.

Cheers,
Moga

Thank you a lot for your support, I'm voting on this issue and start watching it

Thanks

Witek

Awesome! Glad to know that I can help you on this matter. I will go ahead and mark this thread as Answered. :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,225 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you