Why does additional html tags appear in an attachment field description

Witold Rudnicki January 19, 2018

When I've add a description in summary field it appears as I expected with just plain text. Unfortunately when I'm adding description to attachment field it appears with extra html tags <p> in front and </p>on the end. Could you help or explain why it works in this way?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Witold,

I have tested the same on my local JIRA and I do not see any tags for the attachment field. Did you copy the string from somewhere? The tag could have been attached from other content, you want to paste the string into a text editor and then copy-paste from the text editor.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Witold Rudnicki February 14, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it doesn't help. The html tag appears even when I provide description directly from keyboard. There isn't a default field configuration scheme, this description is appearing only in one project. I've tested it in different scheme and the problem appears as well. We're working on JIRA Cloud

Regards

Witek

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Heya Witek,

Thanks for highlighting that you are using JIRA Cloud. There is an open bug about this on JIRA Cloud; JRACLOUD-40434.

Cheers,
Moga

Witold Rudnicki February 15, 2018

Thank you a lot for your support, I'm voting on this issue and start watching it

Thanks

Witek

Moga
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Awesome! Glad to know that I can help you on this matter. I will go ahead and mark this thread as Answered. :)

Suggest an answer