• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Why does a brand new issue I input show up as active in the current sprint, and is also showing up in a previous completed sprint? I am using the parallel sprints feature, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Why does a brand new issue I input show up as active in the current sprint, and is also showing up in a previous completed sprint? I am using the parallel sprints feature, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Bonnie Bennett March 9, 2015

Why does a brand new issue I input show up as active in the current sprint, and is also showing up in a previous completed sprint?  I am using the parallel sprints feature, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.  Additionally, since we are using the TFS4JIRA Synchronizer going from JIRA to TFS, it is pulling the first value (which is the incorrect value).  The new issue was created today for Sprint 6, which it shows up as active for that sprint, but then it's also showing up as being "completed" for sprint 12 (which was the end of last year and not possible).  Additionally, this is a cloned issue of another cloned issue originating back to the originally cloned issue was input in sprint 12, but not completed and ended up in sprint 2.  This appears to be a bug.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
WeAreAllJustinNow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

Hi Bonnie,

That does seem odd.  This is behavior that I have seen in older versions of JIRA Agile (formerly Greenhopper). If you are running on older version, perhaps updating to a later version will help. That being said, it would probably be best for you to submit a ticket with the support team at support.atlassian.com so we can take a deeper dive into the situation.  

Suggest an answer