Why does JIRA crash after Greenhopper plugin install

Ray Scott July 15, 2011

I'm running JIRA 4.3, and installed the Greenhopper plugin via the Plugin Admin interface. I restarted JIRA fine, but when I click on any of the Greenhopper links in the left-side menu bar, for example "License Details", JIRA crashes displaying a Java stack trace in my browser window. Looks like it's a Spring bean issue. Below is the top of the stack trace:

HTTP Status 404 - Could not execute action [GHLicense]:Error creating bean with name 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.actions.LicenseAction': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: : No unique bean of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: expected at least 1 matching bean; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No unique bean of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: expected at least 1 matching bean<p><small><small><pre>org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.actions.LicenseAction': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: : No unique bean of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: expected at least 1 matching bean; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No unique bean of type [com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper] is defined: Unsatisfied dependency of type [interface com.pyxis.greenhopper.GreenHopper]: expected at least 1 matching bean at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:591) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:193) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:925) at

3 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2011
We had the same issue with a JIRA instance on Contegix. I think for some reason, either updating versions and totally removing all old caches of the plugin we ended up getting it to work. I will have a look through my notes to see if I can remember anything specific
0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

We just found out that if there are duplicate webwork actions (In this case LicenseAction) between two or more V2 plugins then you get this error. (Sometimes at random)

I would suggest disabling any third party plugins one at a time to identify which one.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2011

Hello,

This really sounds like one for the support team. The only thing that comes to mind is an incompatible version of GreenHopper has been installed and that should not happen as you used the Plugin Admin interface. You may like to check that the GreenHopper version is 5.6.x which is JIRA 4.3 compatible.

Thank you.

Nicholas Muldoon

Suggest an answer