• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why do tasks disappear when moving between future sprints?

One of my teams has a planning board connected to a Service Desk project.  When moving Tasks between future sprints, they do not show in the target sprint on the board although if you click the "View in Issue Navigator" icon for that sprint, the Tasks do show up in the filter as expected. The field sprint = the correct sprint (i.e. the one I moved it to) and the filter column for sprint shows they're in the sprint.  They just don't show in the proper bucket on the board.

I've checked the board filter; it's as wide open as can be.  It specifies only project = my project name.  I checked all the column definitions, there are no unmapped statuses. I checked field permissions, filter permissions, project permissions, everything looks fine.

Has anybody experienced this too?  Any suggestions on a fix?

1 answer

Hmm, might be a shot in the dark but are the issues in the status which is in the left-most column?

You mentioned when moving between future sprints, are you switching this from the backlog and the issues just disappear, or show in the old sprint still?

Thanks, Radek.  No, the statuses are not in the left-most column.  No, we're not switching from Backlog.  They are going from Future Sprint 1 to Future Sprint 2, and after being moved, they do not appear in either sprint -- or anywhere else on the board for that matter.  They drop off the board.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that they do in fact appear on the board up until the moment that you change the Sprint - that part I wasn't clear on.

The issues are not resolved by a chance?

No quick filter (top) or epic (left) selected by any chance, filtering issues away?

Could the issues have been in a completed sprint in the past, and were then put to an open sprint? That's another tricky case I think I might have come across at some point.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

153 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you