Why do tasks disappear when moving between future sprints?

Matthew Cascio December 17, 2020

One of my teams has a planning board connected to a Service Desk project.  When moving Tasks between future sprints, they do not show in the target sprint on the board although if you click the "View in Issue Navigator" icon for that sprint, the Tasks do show up in the filter as expected. The field sprint = the correct sprint (i.e. the one I moved it to) and the filter column for sprint shows they're in the sprint.  They just don't show in the proper bucket on the board.

I've checked the board filter; it's as wide open as can be.  It specifies only project = my project name.  I checked all the column definitions, there are no unmapped statuses. I checked field permissions, filter permissions, project permissions, everything looks fine.

Has anybody experienced this too?  Any suggestions on a fix?

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hmm, might be a shot in the dark but are the issues in the status which is in the left-most column?

You mentioned when moving between future sprints, are you switching this from the backlog and the issues just disappear, or show in the old sprint still?

Matthew Cascio December 17, 2020

Thanks, Radek.  No, the statuses are not in the left-most column.  No, we're not switching from Backlog.  They are going from Future Sprint 1 to Future Sprint 2, and after being moved, they do not appear in either sprint -- or anywhere else on the board for that matter.  They drop off the board.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that they do in fact appear on the board up until the moment that you change the Sprint - that part I wasn't clear on.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2020

The issues are not resolved by a chance?

No quick filter (top) or epic (left) selected by any chance, filtering issues away?

Could the issues have been in a completed sprint in the past, and were then put to an open sprint? That's another tricky case I think I might have come across at some point.

Suggest an answer