Why do some issues show in the new labs view, but others still show up as the old view?

Scott Roberts December 13, 2019

I have the new view (Jira Labs) and love it, however, some of the issues that I open are still in the old view and I have not yet figured out what would cause that.  Could it have anything to do with where the issue is opened from (i.e. email notification vs. Slack vs. dashboard?) or if someone who is not using Labs was the last to view, comment, or work on it?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hey Scott - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I have not not seen it do that before, but you might want to take a look at the URL for the ticket that comes up in the old view. See if there is something like ?oldIssueView=true at the end of the URL. If you just erase that back to the key for the issue then it should show in the new view. 

If that's the case, it might be getting appended somehow. 

Scott Roberts December 13, 2019

Thank you, John.  I will try that the next time I see an issue do it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2019

Great - let me know how it goes. And then if you don't mind clicking on Accept answer button above so we can close this one out then. 

Scott Roberts December 17, 2019

Hi John,

I wanted to let you know that your suggestion worked, although it didn't have the specific end that you mentioned.  I found that if I clicked into an issue from the notification sidebar, it was causing the old view to be used with the end of the URL being something like

?focusedCommentId=349878&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-349878

So, even though it doesn't mention "oldIssueView=true", by removing that tail of the URL reloaded the issue with the new, preferred view.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2019

Great! Glad you were able to track it down!

Christine Zinkand January 31, 2020

Is there a way to have the links in the notification sidebar take you right to the new issue view?  I already have my profile setting to New Issue View.  I no longer want to see the old issue view from any link.

Suggest an answer