Why do declined issues not show up in the Board view?

Mirco Knecht August 10, 2022

The declined issues are not showing up in the Board view. Only if I go to the Issues section I can find them. I can't find a workflow which automatically archives them, but it seems something like that is happening in the background. Is there a way to set how long the issues should stay in the Board view under Declined?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi Mirco - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds like the Declined status in your workflow is not mapped to a column showing on your board. 

Go to Board Settings > Columns and then drag the Declined status to one of the columns (or create a new column). 

Or it might be that there is a sub-filter on the board that is excluding them (or even the board filter itself). Go to Board Settings > General and check both the Filter query and the Sub-filter query (at the bottom of the screen). 

Mirco Knecht August 12, 2022

Hi John,

The Column "Declined" is visible in the Board View it's simply empty as if older items were archived. Unfortunately, I don't see an option Board Setting, but it could very well be a Filter issue. I'm honestly a little lost here. I've dug through some knowledge-base articles, but they're often referring to settings or menu points I don't even see.

While I was researching how to access the board settings, I at some point went to the Atlassian administration page and saw that there are two organizations. Funnily enough the products are linked under the organization "authentix" while our users and domains are linked under the organization "Authentix". Could that be the issue? I'm an organization admin so I should see all the settings, right?image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

What type of project is this? Company managed? Team managed? If the latter then there are no board settings. And since declined is a Done status category than those cards disappear from the board after two weeks. That might be what’s happening.

Mirco Knecht August 12, 2022

That'll be it. It's a team managed project. Can I change the setting so that they'll stay for a longer period of time?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

Nope, one of the current hazards of Team-managed projects I am afraid.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events