Why do I not have any data in the control chart report for Kanban?

Kyle Scarmardo July 26, 2013

I have data in my CFD, but the control chart is totally empty. We release every two weeks and it has stayed empty, so I assumed data would show up after the first release, but I've got nothing. I've read everything related to old charts created prior to the work sub filter, etc., but this was created with 6.2. I initially did not have any transition in the workflow to drive the resolution screen, but I've since addressed that and all of the release stories are closed && FIXED...not sure what I'm missing here.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Check your columns. Try selecting all but your last column.

0 votes
Kyle Scarmardo July 28, 2013

Thank you John Burns! Is this a bug?

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

I think it is just how the report works. You are measuring how long it takes for issues to get through the columns you select, but you will never get through the last column.

0 votes

From your first link 'Cycle Time is the time taken from when work begins on an issue to when work is completed on that issue.' - We had stories (issues) begin and complete for a given release, so I'm thinking there should be data there as it relates to how long it took the stories to complete.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

Are you sure that your control chart should have values?

A Control Chart can show the cycle time or lead time for your product, version or sprint.

0 votes

Continuous Flow Diagram

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

Whats CFD?

(At least 10 characters required on comment body)

Suggest an answer