Why did the description of a ticket get reverted to a previous version when I was editing it?

Jacob Romo Gonzalez June 18, 2020

I was editing the description of a Jira ticket. Parts of the description that I did not change, were reverted to a previous version. My changes were also saved into the ticket. The history of the ticket pointed out that I made the changes, but in fact, I had not touched those parts. Is there a key shortcut to revert to the previous version for the description of tickets? 

3 answers

3 votes
Taylor O_Connor April 14, 2021

This has been happening to us a lot.

And the history tab thing is not a solution. The history is in the jira markdown format. But the ridiculous "rich text" editor thing won't let you put jira markdown in it and have it be formatted. 

I keep having to manually re-create and re-format entire tickets because of this bug.

Maura Sawyer May 26, 2022

Is there a pattern for when the reverting problem occurs?

Like Victor Salmon likes this
2 votes
Maura Sawyer May 27, 2022

@Jacob Romo Gonzalez Is there a corresponding Jira bug for this issue? @Taylor O_Connor 

@Sachin 

1 vote
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2020

Unfortunately there is no way to do "revert" to your previous changes. You have to manually update your Description based upon the data in your history tab...JRACLOUD-61161

Maura Sawyer May 26, 2022

Is there a pattern for when the reverting problem occurs?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events