Why can't I select "All Projects" in the planning board?

jchorus July 29, 2012

It seems strange to me that the Projects-Dropdown in the planning board doesn't featurte an option to select all projects. This feature would be very usefull when working in an organization where you utilize shared ressources across several projects. I am guessing here but I can't imagine that this would require major programming effort.

The lack of this feature caused me not to advice the purchase of greenhopper as it severly limits it's usefullness for our usecases.

I woul appreciate feedback to whether this feature is plant for the near future.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Hi Jens,

If you upgrade GreenHopper to the latest version (5.10.6 as of writing) you will be able to create a board that includes one or more JIRA projects. More information can be found in the documentation.

You may also wish to view this overview video, see the multiple projects at 20 seconds in.

Thanks Jens.

Regards,

Nicholas Muldoon

@GreenHopperTeam

jchorus July 30, 2012

Hi Jay and Nicholas,

thanks for your feedback. I have tested the rapid board thoroughly and I am loving it. Using JQL it is a very powerfull tool. However, it does not provide a good overview of ressource utilization across the whole company. What I want to do is:

See the estimated workload on all Jira-Issues across alls projects assigned to a specific programmer. The planning board provides this information per assignee and project very nicely but not per assignee across all projects.

@Nicholas : I see you link on the rapid board. From that I gather that your comment refers to the rapid board and not to the planning board. Currently I can't test greenhopper as my evaluation licence has expired.

Thanks again for your feedback

Jens

0 votes
J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2012
Hi Jens, This post may help you: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/64932/combining-multiple-projects-into-1-sprint The versions of GreenHopper we have released this year have focused on development of a multi-project board called "Rapid Board" - let us know if you have further questions! Jay
0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2012

I think, better you contact support team. They will have an answer to this concern.

Suggest an answer