Why can't I see the Epic Status field an Epic issue view?

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

This is puzzling me. I've been working on trying to set the Epic Status to the workflow status. I want to use a post function or automation to set the Epic Status field to the workflow status. I added the field to a tab on the Epic issue view to monitor this without having to use advanced search but it doesn't appear on the screen.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Danno,

This is probably related to the new issue view that is being rolled out in Jira Cloud. Epic status is not shown on the screens. There is an open ticket to fix that in the backlog: JRACLOUD-73469. You can watch this ticket to keep an eye on when this is fixed.

The recommended workaround for now is to use the old issue view - from your avatar, select Personal settings. Then under Jira Labs disable the new issue view.  

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout, thanks. Of course. I'll live with it for now. I really don't need to revert to the old issue view for this minor bug. I just like to see the fields I'm monkeying around with when I set post functions and automation rules

I never seem to find these service requests when I am searching for answers. It appears that I should bookmark the main page for the issue you directed me to so I can look for the problems that people report or ask for features.

This seems like a common problem with Agile software. Code, release, don't test first, just wait to see what's broken. 🙄

Like Janne Lunnas likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events