Why can't I see my issues on the backlog after I created and assigned a new workflow & wf scheme?

MB December 16, 2019

So I created a new software project using the classic scrum template.  I have been asked by my Lead software engineer to customize the workflow to mirror the way our Development team works.  I have two specialized statuses that fall under the "to do" category and 7 statuses that fall under the "in progress" category but with unique names.  I applied the Issue types and scheme, The workflow types and scheme but when I go to the backlog, they have disappeared.  I can see them under the issues filters but no issues are visible only the epics on the backlog.  Please help me.

Thanks for any help

Mechelle

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

Hi Mechelle,

If you got to the Board Settings, do you have the Backlog status mapped to the Backlog column on the far left side?

MB December 16, 2019

Hi John,

I actually think you are getting warmer to my root problem.  Please see the image in copy.  My columns still reflect the simplify Workflow.  If I associated my Workflow correctly to my project, shouldn't the columns reflect the status names that are in my workflow?  I appreciate your help.Jira unmapped statuses.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

you either haven't published the workflow or you have not associated it to your project/issues.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2019

You don't have the Planned/Backlog status mapped to your board. You will need to create a column at the far left

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2019

I would inspect your board’s filter. I suspect that the filter is specific to your old workflow. 

MB December 16, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your answer.  The filter change is not making a difference to my board so far.  I'm keeping at it and will let you know.

Many thanks,

Suggest an answer