Why can't I bulk move tasks/subtasks on the Active Sprint View to different columns?

j_belousek April 21, 2015

Why can't I bulk move tasks/subtasks on the Active Sprint View to different columns? When I select multiple task/subtasks, a red number appears and the columns do not highlight.

Few notes:

I am a full admin on the JIRA server, I am an admin on the board, and I am not given any error messages saying I'm missing a permission. Is this just a safety to keep movement restricted to one sub-task at a time?

Are there alternatives to using the right-click -> Bulk edit option?

Any add-ons that smooth this out?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Seems like this was all discussed here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/194081

Issue is open in Atlassian's JIRA

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9581

j_belousek April 21, 2015

Ah. That would be why I couldn't find it: Grasshopper. Thanks for the info!

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Yeah. Same for me. I went backwards and looked up the JIRA issue, which led me to the Answers link. I never used Agile back when it was called Grasshopper, so this doesn't come to mind.

0 votes
Damon Gaylor April 21, 2015

I don't think this was ever in the new boards, just the classic. I agree, it would be a nice to have feature. Ideally, team members would move their own stuff so it is a minimal issue, but I hear you.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2015

I'm interested in that too. Bulk edit just for a simple transition is a bit... bulky.

Suggest an answer