Why can't I add/change Status in Workflow?

Tom Jones November 28, 2017

Hi all-

I bought Jira for a small company to try, and it's been pretty frustrating trying to get it up and running as desired. First, I can't add/change statuses (the button is not enabled). My profile states I'm "site-admin" but yet there seems to be a level higher? Any ideas? Also, is there not a way to delete Users? Only "Deactivate?" Since I'm the only one using this so far, I'm surprised that these permissions aren't inherent in being the first guy in. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

@Tom Jones, what button are you referring to? Can you provide more info on what you are attempting to do? Are you trying to edit the workflow and add statuses or something else? 

In fact you can delete users but personally I advise against this. You never know when you may want to go back and look at something and there are side effects, e.g. if the user ever did something in an issue then deleting will cause you to lose insight into their actions. I haven't found a good reason to truly want to delete a user but maybe one exists. :-)

0 votes
Tom Jones November 28, 2017

...never mind. Further reading explained that the "Jira Administrator" Group was not applied. I think I have it now. Thanks anyway!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

good to hear!

Suggest an answer